Nomination Period: 11th April 2017 – 30th April 2017
Shortlisting: 1st May 2017 – 21st May 2017
Voting: 22th May 2017 – 21st June 2017
Award Ceremony: 23rd June 2017
The OLX SOMA Awards 2017 will focus on the following networks:
Social network Award
- Presence: Nominee should have a account/page on the network they are nominated for.
- Accessibility: The account should be accessible to the public
- Creativity & Innovation: demonstrate creativity in content distribution including use of images, videos, text etc.
- Content: develop and distribute fresh content
- Consistency: Should be use network on a regular basis.
- Engagement: should interact and engage fans on a regular basis
Most Social Corporation / Brands of the Year
- Presence: Should be active in at least two social media networks
- Content: Be able to generate fresh content aligned field of work
- Customer Care: Demonstrate use of social media as a great platform to engage customer
- Creativity & innovation: Ability to use different social media networks to connect with audience through images, videos text etc.
- Consistency: Should demonstrate use of social on a regular basis as a communication tool.
- Campaign: Use of Social Media as a campaign platform to market products and services
Most Social Personalities of the Year Category
- Nominee should be present in atleast two social media networks or demonstrate effective use of one channels based on customer base
- Engagement: Nominee should demonstrate interaction with audience on a regulation basis
- Content: Should share fresh and beneficial content aligned with category
- Consistency: Should demonstrate use of social media on a regular basis
- Creativity: should demonstrate creative use of social media to connect with audience.
- Growth: remarkable growth of nominee
The awards are originally know as Kenya Social Media Awards (SOMA Awards) organized by Eyeballs Africa Ltd. The awards are sponsored by OLX as the title sponsor thus the change of event title to “OLX SOMA Awards”
Eyeballs Africa Ltd is entirely responsible for event planning, execution and management. The title Sponsor offer supportive role.
A panel of judges is set up to shortlist not more than 5 nominees per category. The judge’s decision is final and cannot be changed by the organizers or sponsors.
The title sponsor of any other sponsor have no influence on the final list of nominees. The judges are not required to consult any sponsor before making final decision.
Where a certain Kenyan may not wish to be nominated, they are required to write to Eyeballs Africa Ltd team requesting for exception from consideration of nomination. Eyeballs Team is then required to communicate to the panel of judges before the beginning of shortlisting.
The final shortlist of nominees is then published by Eyeballs team. It is the responsibility of Eyeballs team to notify all nominees through their most preferred communication channel.